The Summer of Peaches
Posted on July 26 2018
The first fall I spent at my little white farmhouse I remember being so excited to discover an ancient peach tree in the backyard. I couldn't wait until summer arrived so I could pick them and do all the canning my heart could take! Little did I know that summer would bring the worst season for fruit. The poor old tree didn't bear a single peach that year.
Fast forward a year to this summer and we have a bumper crop! I've got so many peaches I'm calling neighbors to come help me pick them. My neighbors informed me these are true Alberta peaches and they're cling. If you've never had a cling peach they are't the easiest peach to harvest but they're sweet, juicy and delicious.
Since you can only freeze so many peaches I've been on the hunt for some of the best peach recipes from across the internet. I've found you guys 20 of the best savory, sweet, unexpected and delicious sounding recipes I could find!
- Fried Mozzarella and Caramelized Peach Caprese Burger by Half Baked Harvest
- Summertime Peach Ice Cream by MyRecipes
- Salted Caramel Peach Crumble Pie by Evil Shenanigans
- Grilled Peaches with Honey Balsamic Glaze by White on Rice Couple
- Bourbon Peach Milkshake by Ezra Pound Cake
- Peach Mustard by Bon Appétit
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread with Caramel Sauce by the Food Charlatan
- Make Ahead Peaches and Cream Breakfast Bake by Half Baked Harvest
- Grilled Flatbread with Peaches and Arugula Pesto by Foodie Crush
- Peach Mojitos by MyRecipes
- Buttermilk Chicken Biscuit with Habanero Peach Hot Sauce + Honey Butter by Half Baked Harvest
- Peach Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream Sauce by Brown Sugar Mama
- Slow Cooker Asian Peach Short Ribs by The Peach Truck
- Peach Cobbler by Genius Kitchen
- Best Ever Fresh Peach Buckle by This Gal Cooks
- Perfect Peach Iced Tea by Minimalist Baker
- Peach Bread by a Farmgirl’s Dabbles
- Moist Peach Upside Down Coffee Cake by Veena Azmanov
- Summer Grilled Peach Salad by MyRecipes
- Savory Tomato Peach and Tarragon Pot Pie by the Kitchn
Let me know if you make any of the recipes and how you liked it! I'm thinking tonight might be Savory Tomato Peach and Tarragon Pot Pie with Grilled Peaches night. We might even top it off with a Bourbon Peach Milkshake for good measure!
Honest Review: Hell...
I've been getting Hello Fresh boxes for a few months now. I started off with 3 different recipes meaning I'd get 6 meals in total a week. About two...Read More
I Dropped the Ball....
It’s been almost a full year since my blog post. I take full responsibility for it so I thought I’d share a few things that have occurred since the...Read More
The Summer of Peaches
The first fall I spent at my little white farmhouse I remember being so excited to discover an ancient peach tree in the backyard. I couldn't wait ...Read More